People can use power tools in many ways, especially in construction or in industries. Sometimes, you can use them for household works, for cleaning or doing sometimes in the garden.
Most of the time we use power tools to drill, to polish, to route, to heat, and many other purposes.
Usually, you need extra power to activate your power tool. Most of the power tools run by an electrical mechanism. It can save your time and labor that you have to give while using a manual tool.
In your daily lives, you may see a lot of power tools. This article will help you to learn about 10 different types of power tools and their usage.
Introducing 10 Different Type of Power Tools and Their Usage
There are many power tools available in the market such as circular saw, miter saw, drill machine, and so on. These are the most common power tools.
But in addition to these, now please look at some other essential power tools that can ease up your life in many ways.
This device can cut through materials with a circular blade. It also has a handle on the edge with an on-off switch. There’s a nut to hold the blade in right place.
- Powerful 15-amp motor delivers 5 300-RPM for greater speed and faster cuts
- 7-1 4-inch carbide-tipped blade included. Spindle lock for easy blade changes.
- 51° bevel capacity with a positive stop at 45° for a wide variety of cuts
Also, maintain a safety precaution that covers the blades and keep the person away from using the blade. You can adjust the blade according to your need. A circular saw can cut plastic, sheetrock, plywood, and so on.
First, wear your safety glasses and ear protection to protect your ears. You have to make sure that the object you’re cutting is secure and protected before cutting it.
Choosing the best blade to cut the materials will be the most difficult job. So, do not forget to use a sawhorse for support.
Compound Miter Saw
A compound miter saw is one of the most powerful saws available in the market. It can cut almost every material with its sharp round blade. You have to attach the saw with a table by a lever to drop the saw down to make your cut.
But you have to line up the things first. Don’t ever touch the blades.
Wear safety glasses for the eyes and ear protection for ears. Unplug the saw while changing the blades and keep fingers away while spinning.
Do not ever go to under your cutting table. And lift the blade after it has stopped spinning.
A table saw is one kind of circular saw. You have to mount your saw with a table through a lever.
- Portability: Compact size for ease of transportation and storage
- Easy adjustments: Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Variety of cuts: 24.5 inches of rip capacity for ripping 4x8 plywood or OSB sheets
Usually, a table bound the saw with a lever and the saw can rise up through a slit in the table. You can use a table saw for a long and straight cut.
Don’t forget to wear ear and eye protection before starting your job. Clean the table and make it smooth. Unplug the saw before changing the blades.
Keep the blade higher than the wood you are cutting. Adjust and attach a fence to cut the wood straight.
Never use your fingers, nor touch the table to remove any element when the saw is running. It can cause a severe accident.
It is a device that drives nails into any surfaces. A nail gun requires that you press it against the surface with enough pressure.
You can use nails guns to frame your house, to attach crown models, or to do many other carpentries works.
- 100% battery power of the cordless brand nailer eliminates need for compressor, hose or costly gas cartridges
- Motor design of 18 gauge brad nailer provides consistent firing power into various materials and climate conditions
- Multiple Tool-Free settings of the battery brad nailer provide ease of use
Apply the right force to switch off the safety and drive nails into place. Only shoot the nail when you are sure that you are ready.
Keep your finger away and use protections not to harm yourself.
People can use TIG welders to weld stainless steel, coppers, and aluminum. This is the safest and most useful device for welding. TIG welder consumes no smoke, no fire, and no sparks either. It uses a non-consumable tungsten.
- 🛡️【★TIG&ARC Strong Point】Inverter Frequency Up To 100KHZ, The Welding Speed Is Fast, The Welding Process Is The Best.This Is Optimized To Deliver A Flawless Weld, Making Spatter And Post-weld Cleanup Almost Non-existent.Rated Input Frequency 50/60Hz, Duty Cycle 85%，Improves The Performance Of The Welding Machine
- 🛡️【★Feature】TIG/ARC 2-in-1,Tig& ARC Welder With Tig Torch, Earth Clamp, Electrode Holder,Welding Tong
- 🛡️【★Portable And Powerful】TIG Welding Thickness 0.3-4.8mm,Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Cast Iron And Chrome.ARC Welding Thickness 15-42mm
Clean your welds with a high-quality grinder. In most cases, workers use argon gas during their welding jobs. And, don’t forget to wear protective gear.
Joiner is the tool that uses a saw blade to cut the thinnest slot into a piece of wood.
- ♕ TYPES OF JOINT：1. Corner Joint，2. Mitre Joint，3. Frame Joint，4. Centre Wall Joint，5. Butt Joint，The Biscuit Jointer Is Suitable For Joints In Solid Wood,Plywood,Chipboard,Fibreboard, Plexiglas And Artificial Marble, Etc. From 8 mm (5/16 in.) Material Thickness.
- ♕ DUST COLLECTION： Fit The Dust Bag To The Joiner With A Simple Push On Connection. With A Suction Function That Operates While The Biscuit Joiner Is In Use, It Will Keep The Working Area Clear From Flying Debris, Giving You The Best Possible View.
- ♕ SPECIFICATION：Blade Diameter: 4”，Cutting Speed: 11,000rpm，Groove Width: 5/32 Inches，Amps: 8.5A，Weight: 7.6lbs，Dimensions:17” X 14” X 5” inches.
This is a special woodworking wizard. You can join the same type of wood pieces together with a power jointer. Don’t mess joiners with jointers! They have different roles and also have a different appearance.
This device helps you to make a circular hole quickly. There is an adapter attached to a cordless drill for smooth performance. This creates the same sound as a welder and can make holes inside anything.
- VERSATILE 30 PC. SET – Includes a wide variety of bits and accessories for drilling and driving tasks.
- CORDLESS DRILL/DRIVER – Compact, lightweight design for versatile use.
- 24-POSITION CLUTCH – Prevents stripping and overdriving screws for added control.
Apart from making holes, you can use this driller to drive screws with great force.
Sanders help you to smooth a surface by rubbing another harsh surface. There are many surfaces such as drum sanders, mouse sanders, belt sanders, and disc sanders. All works the same.
- Orbital sander with brushless motor provides runtime and efficiency to get the job done
- Variable-speed control of the hand sander from 8,000 to 12,000 OPM to match the speed to the application.
- Low-profile height of the power sander allows user to get close to work surface for precise sanding.
Don’t forget to put on protective equipment while using this device to avoid harming yourself. It requires sandpapers and electrical power to do its intended tasks.
Heat guns are handheld. They are extremely popular because of their versatile usage. There are many different kinds of applications of a heat gun.
- DUAL TEMPERATURE HEAT GUNS: The HT1000 Heat Gun offers a 750ᵒF and 1000ᵒF temperature setting to easily help complete household home improvement tasks
- HEAT GUN FOR HOUSEHOLD PROJECTS: Use this heat gun to soften paint, electrical wire shrinking, caulking, adhesive or putty for removal. Other applications include shrink wrap, bend plastic pipes, and loosen rusted nuts or bolts
- HEAT GUN ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS AND DURABILITY: The two fan speeds provide additional control to customize to your project needs. Features a corrosion resistant nozzle for long lasting use and integrated hanging hook to easily store on a peg wall or workbench
This device is used when a surface needs to be heated, stripping paint, or shrinking materials such as tubing and film, or bending a plastic material.
You can use a wall chaser to cut narrow grooves in walls. Mainly, it is used to insert electrical cables inside walls. In most cases, an electric motor power up the tool.
- Robust & versatile the Evolution electric disc cutter easily cuts concrete even tough reinforced concrete, stone, brick, paving and other materials.
- Safe & economical, the 15Amp (1800W) hi-torque, electric motor means no harmful fumes. Alternative to high maintenance, petrol-powered disc cutters!
- The ergonomic soft-grip, mid-position, front and rear support handles are positioned -to aid accurate cutting in both horizontal and vertical modes.
When you need to join or attach two things, the wall chaser is your best tool to use. If you are interested to learn about Plasma Cutters, you can google for it.
Power tools have got a wide range in varieties. Often, it is very difficult for you to choose the right power tools for your job. It needs a lot of time and research as well to get a suitable power tool.
In this article, we get to know about 10 different types of power tools and their usage. We hope it will help you to get the right tool and do your job smoothly.
Last updated on October 19th, 2020 at 12:05 pm.